Migration support for foreign students and foreign teachers is provided by the Department for international students.
Migration support includes a wide range of different issues to ensure compliance of the migration legislation of the Russian Federation by the University, foreign students and teachers, including:
* preparation of invitations for foreign teachers and applicants enrolled in higher education programs, additional educational programs to enter the Russian Federation;
* migration registration of foreign citizens, full-time students and teachers of the Moscow Region State University, in case of residence in the dormitory of MRSU;
* extension of the period of temporary stay (visa) confirming the legality of the foreign citizen’s stay on the territory of the Russian Federation.
Compliance with migration legislation by foreign students
Each foreign student is obliged to fully know the Rules of stay, residence and movement of foreign citizens studying and / or entering the Moscow Region State University (download), first of all, the following most important extracts from them:
* foreign citizens studying at the Moscow Region State University are subject to migration registration:
- with every enter of the Russian Federation;
- in case of change of the place of stay in the territory of the Russian Federation;
- in case of stay in a hotel or other organization providing hotel services: in a sanatorium, holiday home, boarding house, camping, on a tourist base, in a children’s health camp, a medical organization providing medical care in stationary conditions.
* foreign citizens studying at the Moscow Region State University must promptly extend the term of temporary stay (visa): not later than 40 calendar days before the expiration of the visa and not later than 25 calendar days before the expiration of the registration at the place of stay.
- in case of a passport loss (or other identity document of a foreign citizen), a foreign citizen must, first of all, apply to the police at the place of the alleged loss with a statement about the loss of documents, and obtain a certificate (Protocol, resolution) about the loss of these documents. The obtained certificate must be submitted to the Embassy of the citizenship country in the Russian Federation (in case of loss of the passport for its restoration).
- in case of damage or loss of the migration card, a foreign citizen is obliged to report it within 3 days to the nearest migration unit of the territorial body of the Ministry of internal Affairs of Russia at his / her location. The specified authority gives out a duplicate of the migration card (for free), after presentation documents on the basis of which foreign citizen entered the Russian Federation.
- in case of loss of the detachable part of the arrival notification of the foreign citizen arrival at place of residence to receive a copy should contact the appropriate division for migration of the territorial body of the Ministry of the Interior of Russia at the place of stay (place of residence) or in Department for foreign students if the foreign citizen lives in one of the university dormitories.